- a placing or being placed
- the finding of employment for a person
- location or arrangement
- the setting of the ball on the ground in position for a place kick
- this position of the ball
- When kids are put into classes based on their scores on an intelligence test, this is an example of when placement is based on performance.
- When you put your mugs back on the shelf in a certain way, this is an example of placement.
- When you get someone a job at your office, this is an example of finding him a placement.
Placement is the act of organizing people or things into a certain order, the act of putting items in a certain location, or the act of finding a job for someone.
- a. The act of placing or arranging.b. The state of being placed or arranged.
- a. The finding of suitable accommodation or employment for applicants.b. Assignment of students to appropriate classes or programs.
- The sale of a new issue of stock, bonds, or other securities.
- Football a. The setting of the ball in position for a place kick.b. A place kick.
From place +"Ž -ment
- In these cases, child protective services are fairly certain the courts will decide in favor of the adoptive placement, but this tentative situation imposes a potentially uncomfortable arrangement on the adoptive family and their household.
- Likewise, a popular soundtrack or placement in a popular film can breathe new life into a song that has stopped selling, bring renewed interest to a band that has fallen from the spotlight or make overnight stars of underground musicians.
- The name of this design line comes from the traditional placement of lingerie in large departments - the third floor, where it is out of the way from prying eyes, but not so far you're not willing to make a trip to the department.
- Using a quote for a tattoo will involve several symbols and you will need to choose a site for placement where the characters can be displayed correctly, since the arrangement of the characters affects the meaning of the sentence.
- Each person has many different elements in their birth chart (a chart that shows the placement of the cosmos at the exact moment of your birth) and that means that there is a lot more involved than just compatible zodiac signs.