Origin of petiteFr, feminine of petit
A petite woman shopping with her petite dog.
The definition of petite is being small in size.
A short, slim woman is an example of a woman who would be described as petite.
- Short and slender. Used of a girl or woman.
- Small in size or scope; tiny: “a bagel that is fairly petite by today's standards” ( Ed Levine ) See Synonyms at small.
A clothing size for short, slender women.
Origin of petiteFrench feminine of petit ; see petit .
(comparative more petite, superlative most petite)
- I've never been called petite in my life!
- "No," the petite woman ordered, her arms crossed.
- To petite Cynthia, tall meant anyone much over five-foot seven.
- They paused in the doorway of a large library, where a beautiful, petite blonde sat.
- Petite, white, pointed fangs extended from her upper gums to rest on her plump lower lip.