- A policeman who patrols or polices an assigned area.
- One who patrols an assigned area.
- A police officer, especially a junior one who does patrol instead of detection or supervising other policemen.
- It was patrolman Jack McCarty.
- I explained the situation briefly and the patrolman recognized I was the object of the call he'd just received from Jackson.
- Patrolman Murphy drove me back to the Pacific Crest Inn, this time in an unmarked car.
- There was nothing more I could do here absent Howie so I rounded up patrolman Murphy and asked him to return me to the hospital.
- "Just some machinery junk," a patrolman muttered.