- a device, tool, or machine for cutting
- a person who cuts or whose work is cutting; specif., a person whose work is cutting to patterns the sections that form a garment
- a boat carried, esp. formerly, aboard large ships to transport personnel or supplies
- an armed sailing vessel, formerly used by revenue authorities, as to pursue smugglers
- a small, armed, engine-powered ship, used by the Coast Guard as for patrol duty
- a single-masted yacht or sailboat carrying two headsails under normal wind conditions
- ☆ a small, light sleigh, usually drawn by one horse
See cutter in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- One that cuts, especially in tailoring.
- A device or machine that cuts.
a. A single-masted, fore-and-aft-rigged sailing vessel with two or more headsails and a mast set somewhat farther aft than that of a sloop.
b. A ship's boat, powered by a motor or oars and used for transporting stores or passengers.
- A small, lightly armed boat used by the Coast Guard.
- A small sleigh, usually seating one person and drawn by a single horse.
Learn more about cutter