- the work or business of a cutler
- cutting implements, such as knives and scissors
- knives, spoons, and other implements used in preparing and eating food
Origin of cutleryMiddle English cutellerie ; from Old French coutellerie: see cutler
- Cutting instruments and tools.
- Utensils such as knives, forks, and spoons used as tableware.
- The occupation of a cutler.
Origin of cutleryMiddle English cutellerie, from Old French coutelerie, from coutel, knife; see cutlass.
(countable and uncountable, plural cutleries)
From Old French coutelerie (modern: coutellerie).