cutlery definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the work or business of a cutler
- cutting implements, such as knives and scissors
- knives, spoons, and other implements used in preparing and eating food
Origin: Middle English cutellerie ; from Old French coutellerie: see cutler
cutlery definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Cutting instruments and tools.
- Utensils such as knives, forks, and spoons used as tableware.
- The occupation of a cutler.
Origin: Middle English cutellerie, from Old French coutelerie, from coutel, knife; see cutlass.