caption (sense )
- (software) In software testing, a hypothetical line that separates tests that will be performed, versus tests that may not be performed due to lack of time.
- (journalism, broadcasting) In production, a hypothetical line that separates items that will be executed and publicized, versus items that will be cut.
- (journalism, broadcasting) A caption under a photograph, or more narrowly just the explanatory text block under a photograph, excluding the title.
- (surveying, travel) A linear cleared area through undeveloped land.
- If you stop and get out, you will see a cutline for line-of-sight surveying.