- The definition of nude is someone without any clothes on.
An example of nude is a naked person in the hot tub.
This baby is nude.
nude definition by Webster's New World
- completely unclothed or uncovered; naked; bare
- Law without consideration or other legal essential: said esp. of contracts
Origin: Classical Latin nudus, naked
- a nude person
- a representation of a nude human figure in painting, sculpture, etc.
- the condition of being nude; nakedness: in the nude
nude definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective nud·er, nud·est
- Having no clothing; naked.
- Permitting or featuring full exposure of the body: a nude beach.
- Law Lacking any of various legal requisites, such as evidence.
- An unclothed human figure, especially an artistic representation.
- The condition of being unclothed.
Origin: Latin nūdus; see nogw- in Indo-European roots.
- nudeˈly adverb
- nuˈdi·ty , nudeˈness noun