- The definition of neurotic is someone who is excessively anxious.
An example of a neurotic person is someone who becomes paralyzed with fear after reading world events in the newspaper.
- Of, relating to, or affected with a neurosis. No longer used in psychiatric diagnosis. See Usage Note at neurosis.
- Informal Overanxious: neurotic about punctuality.
- A person suffering from a neurosis. No longer used in psychiatric diagnosis.
- Informal A person who is chronically anxious.
- A person who has a neurosis
- countrie, unerotic