- The definition of neurotic is someone who is excessively anxious.
An example of a neurotic person is someone who becomes paralyzed with fear after reading world events in the newspaper.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of, relating to, or affected with a neurosis. No longer in scientific use.
- Informal Overanxious: neurotic about punctuality.
- A person suffering from a neurosis. No longer in scientific use.
- Informal A person prone to excessive anxiety and emotional upset.
- neu·rotˈi·cal·ly adverb
neurotic - Medical Definition