- The definition of neurotic is someone who is excessively anxious.
An example of a neurotic person is someone who becomes paralyzed with fear after reading world events in the newspaper.
neurotic definition by Webster's New World
of, characteristic of, or having a neurosis
a neurotic person
neurotic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of, relating to, or affected with a neurosis. No longer in scientific use.
- Informal Overanxious: neurotic about punctuality.
- A person suffering from a neurosis. No longer in scientific use.
- Informal A person prone to excessive anxiety and emotional upset.
- neu·rotˈi·cal·ly adverb
neurotic - Medical Definition
Of, relating to, derived from, or affected with a neurosis.noun
A person suffering from a neurosis.