- of, or having the nature of, a psychosis
- having a psychosis
- Psychotic is defined as someone or something mentally disturbed.
- A person who is schizophrenic is an example of someone who would be described as psychotic.
- Stalking your ex-boyfriend and showing up at his house at all hours is an example of behavior that would be described as psychotic.
- The definition of a psychotic is a person who is crazy.
A schizophrenic girl is an example of a psychotic.
Of, relating to, or affected by psychosis.
A person affected by psychosis.
Origin of psychoticpsych(osis) -otic
(comparative more psychotic, superlative most psychotic)
- Of, related to, or suffering from psychosis.
- A person affected by psychosis.
- Nieces Kelly and Blair struggle with their problems and dysfunctions while Kelly's mother Melinda languishes in a mental institution and Dorian's own daughter Cassie struggled with a psychotic break.
- DSM-IV notes that unlike manic episodes, hypomanic episodes do not cause a marked impairment in social or occupational functioning, do not require hospitalization, and do not have psychotic features.
- Susan Lucci - The first lady of daytime spent a season playing a psychotic who was instrumental in the death of Bobby's wife April while they were on their honeymoon.
- Adolescents diagnosed with IED have been reported to respond well to clozapine (Clozaril), a drug normally used to treat schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders.
- Major self-mutilation occurs most often with psychotic or highly intoxicated individuals and occasionally with institutionalized mentally retarded individuals.