- Psychiatry of, like, or having schizophrenia
- designating a personality type characterized by quietness, seclusiveness, introversion, etc.
Origin of schizoidschiz(o)- + -oid
a schizoid person
- Of, related to, or having schizoid personality disorder.
- Of, relating to, or suggestive of schizophrenia. No longer in scientific use.
- Informal Relating to or characterized by the coexistence of disparate or antagonistic elements: “This schizoid town is part resort, part sardine cannery” ( Jean Anderson )
A person with schizoid personality disorder.
(comparative more schizoid, superlative most schizoid)
- someone with schizoid personality disorder
- (archaic) someone with schizophrenia