- Psycho is defined as someone or something that is crazy or insane.
Stalking your ex-lover and killing his family pet is an example of behavior that would be described as psycho.
- The definition of a psycho is slang for a crazy or insane person.
An obsessed stalker who threatens to kill his ex-lover is an example of someone who is psycho.
- Psycho is defined as mind or mental.
An example of psycho used as a prefix is in the word "psychology," which means the study of the mind.
- the mind or mental processes: psychology, psychogenesis
- psychology; psychological methods, practices, etc.: psychoanalysis, psychohistory
Origin of psycho-from Classical Greek psych?, breath, spirit, soul: see psyche
- a. Mind; mental: psychogenic.b. Mental activities or processes: psychomotor.
- Psychology; psychological: psychohistory.
Origin of psycho-Greek psūkho- soul, life from psūkhē ; see bhes- in Indo-European roots.
(comparative more psycho, superlative most psycho)
- (pejorative, slang) A person who is psychotic or otherwise insane.
- The loony bin up on the hill is full of psychos.
- (pejorative, slang) A person who acts in a bizarre or dangerous manner.
- She complained that he was a psycho for driving at such a high speed in heavy traffic.
- (informal) A class, at a college or university, in which psychology is taught.
- "I've got anthro, socio, lunch, and psycho."