Origin of psychopathback-formation from psychopathy
The definition of a psychopath is a person who is unstable, insane, abnormally violent or unable to maintain normal social behavior.
A person who commits multiple murders for fun is an example of a psychopath.
A person who engages in psychopathic behavior or is affected by antisocial personality disorder.
Origin of psychopathBack-formation from psychopathic
- A person with a personality disorder indicated by a pattern of lying, cunning, manipulating, glibness, exploiting, heedlessness, arrogance, delusions of grandeur, sexual promiscuity, low self-control, disregard for morality, lack of acceptance of responsibility, callousness, and lack of empathy and remorse. Such an individual may be especially prone to violent and criminal offenses.
- A person diagnosed with antisocial or dissocial personality disorder.
- A person who has no moral conscience.
- A person who perpetrates especially gruesome or bizarre violent acts.
From German psychopatisch, from Ancient Greek ÏˆÏ…Ï‡Î® (psyche, “soul") + Ï€Î¬Î¸Î¿Ï‚ (pathos, “suffering").
- In her opinion, the most shocking kiss was between the characters Shane and Jenny - not because of the fact of two women locked in a French kiss, but rather because "Jenny is portrayed as a psychopath."
- Fighting psychopath killers can really mess you up.
- A status check on their relationship, the one he hadn't told her he couldn't have, because he was trapped into mating with a formerly sadistic psychopath-turned-human he was trying hard not to kill.