- An example of paranoid is a type of mental illness.
- An example of paranoid is being worried that the policeman behind you is going to pull you over.
The definition of paranoid is being suspicious, having illusions about being followed or persecuted, or about being afraid or distrustful of others.
- of or like paranoia
- characterized by extreme suspiciousness and anxiety, delusions of persecution, etc.also par·a·noi′dal
a person afflicted with paranoia
- Relating to, characteristic of, or affected with paranoia.
- Exhibiting or characterized by extreme and irrational fear or distrust of others: a paranoid suspicion that the phone might be bugged.
One affected with paranoia.
(comparative more paranoid, superlative most paranoid)
- Someone suffering from paranoia
From paranoia +"Ž -oid.