- The definition of paranoid is being suspicious, having illusions about being followed or persecuted, or about being afraid or distrustful of others.
- An example of paranoid is a type of mental illness.
- An example of paranoid is being worried that the policeman behind you is going to pull you over.
- Relating to, characteristic of, or affected with paranoia.
- Exhibiting or characterized by extreme and irrational fear or distrust of others: a paranoid suspicion that the phone might be bugged.
One affected with paranoia.
(comparative more paranoid, superlative most paranoid)
- Someone suffering from paranoia
From paranoia +â€Ž -oid.