- The definition of obsessive is fixated on something.
An example of an obsessive person is someone who needs to count his shirts every day.
- Obsessive is defined as a person who has excessive thoughts or actions.
An example of an obsessive is a person who constantly thinks about death.
- Of, relating to, characteristic of, or causing an obsession: obsessive gambling.
- Excessive in degree or nature: an obsessive need to win.
(comparative more obsessive, superlative most obsessive)
- Prone to cause obsession
- The idea is too tempting, it's obsessive
- Having one thought or pursuing one activity to the absolute or nearly absolute exclusion of all others.
- Hardcore fans' obsessive behavior may take over their lives
- Excessive, as results from obsession.
- A workaholic's obsessive zeal may lead to success or burnout
- A person who is obsessed, who has an obsession