- not having or bearing a name
- left unnamed; anonymous: a rogue who shall be nameless
- not publicly known; obscure
- lacking a legal name; illegitimate
- that cannot be described: nameless dread
- too horrid or painful to specify: nameless crimes
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Having or bearing no name: nameless stars.
- Unknown by name; obscure: the nameless dead.
- Not designated by name; anonymous: a nameless benefactor.
- Defying description; inexpressible: nameless horror.
- nameˈless·ly adverb
- nameˈless·ness noun