- Multitude is defined as many.
An example of a multitude is a crowd of thousands gathered for a concert.
- the quality or state of being numerous, or many
- a large number of persons or things, esp. when gathered together or considered as a unit; host, myriad, etc.
- the masses: preceded by the
Origin of multitudeOld French ; from Classical Latin multitudo ; from multus, many: see multi-
- A very great number.
- The masses; the populace: the concerns of the multitude.
Origin of multitudeMiddle English, from Old French, from Latin multitūdō, from multus, many; see mel-2 in Indo-European roots.