- The definition of multitudinous is many, or with many parts.
An example of multitudinous is the description of a crowd in a 50-person maximum capacity room with 60 people inside.
- very numerous; many
- consisting of many parts, elements etc.; manifold
- Rare holding a multitude; crowded
Origin of multitudinous; from Classical Latin multitudo (gen. multitudinis), multitude + -ous
- Very numerous; existing in great numbers.
- Consisting of many parts.
- Populous; crowded.
Origin of multitudinousFrom Latin multitūdō, multitūdin-, multitude; see multitude.
(comparative more multitudinous, superlative most multitudinous)