- The definition of a miff is a small argument.
An example of a miff is a disagreement over which fast food restaurant has the best french fries.
- Miff is defined as to do something that makes another person feel bad, or have something done to you that makes you feel bad.
An example of miff is yelling at someone.
Origin of miffprobably origin, originally cry of disgust
- A petulant, bad-tempered mood; a huff.
- A petty quarrel or argument; a tiff.
transitive verbmiffed, miff·ing, miffs
Origin of miffPossibly expressive of disgust.
(third-person singular simple present miffs, present participle miffing, simple past and past participle miffed)
- (usually used in the passive) to offend slightly
- (intransitive) to become slightly offended