Variant of memorandum
- a short note written to help one remember something or remind one to do something
- a record of events or observations, esp. one for future use
- an informal written communication, as from one department to another in an office
- in diplomacy, a summary or outline of a subject under discussion, reasons for or against some action, etc.
- Business a statement, made by the consignor, of the goods and terms of a consignment sent with the privilege of return
- Law a short written statement of the terms of an agreement, contract, or transaction
Origin: ME < L neut. of memorandus, to be remembered, ger. of memorare, to remember: see memory
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.