- The definition of innovation is invention or new.
When a company comes up with a creative new product such as a new tablet PC, this is an example ofinnovation.
- the act or process of innovating
- something newly introduced; new method, custom, device, etc.
Origin of innovationLate Latin innovatio
- The act of introducing something new.
- Something newly introduced.
- The act of innovating; the introduction of something new, in customs, rites, etc.
- A change effected by innovating; a change in customs; something new, and contrary to established customs, manners, or rites.
- A newly formed shoot, or the annually produced addition to the stems of many mosses.