- The definition of innovation is invention or new.
When a company comes up with a creative new product such as a new tablet PC, this is an example ofinnovation.
innovation definition by Webster's New World
- the act or process of innovating
- something newly introduced; new method, custom, device, etc.
Origin: Late Latin innovatio
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- innovational adjective
innovation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The act of introducing something new.
- Something newly introduced.
- inˌno·vaˈtion·al adjective
innovation - Business Definition
Creative use of a good, service, or idea that is already available. Ebay's development of a competitive marketplace on the Internet is an example of innovation.