- An example of an indiscretion is having an affair while serving in public office.
- An indiscretion is telling a secret that you promised not to tell.
Indiscretion is defined as lack of good judgment with what you say or do.
- lack of discretion, or good judgment; imprudence
- an indiscreet act or remark
Origin of indiscretionMiddle English indiscrecyone from Old French indiscrétion from Late Latin indiscretio
- Lack of discretion; injudiciousness.
- An indiscreet act or remark.
OriginSee also: indiscrétion
From Old French, from Late Latin indiscretio