- the act of a person or animal that hunts
- a periodic oscillation of the rotor of a synchronous electrical machine about its average position
- a periodic oscillation in the controlled function of any feedback control system, as a thermostat, caused by fluctuation in the control system
- any similar fluctuation, as of a control surface, compass, indicator, etc.
Origin of huntingMiddle English ; from Old English huntung
- The activity or sport of pursuing game.
- The act of conducting a search for something: house hunting.
- Electronics The periodic variation in speed of a synchronous motor with respect to the current.
(countable and uncountable, plural huntings)
- Chasing and killing animals for sport or to get food.
- Looking for something, especially for a job or flat.
- (engineering) Fluctuating around a central value without stabilizing.
- Present participle of hunt.
hunt + -ing