- the act of a person or animal that hunts
- a periodic oscillation of the rotor of a synchronous electrical machine about its average position
- a periodic oscillation in the controlled function of any feedback control system, as a thermostat, caused by fluctuation in the control system
- any similar fluctuation, as of a control surface, compass, indicator, etc.
Origin: ME < OE huntung
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The activity or sport of pursuing game.
- The act of conducting a search for something: house hunting.
- Electronics The periodic variation in speed of a synchronous motor with respect to the current.