- When you attack a task with enthusiasm and excitement, this is an example of gusto.
- When you do something in a stylish way, this is an example of a time when you do the task with gusto.
Gusto is defined as enthusiasm, excitement, zest or style.
- taste; liking
- keen enjoyment; enthusiastic appreciation; zest; relish
- great vigor or liveliness
- Archaic artistic style
Origin of gustoItalian and Spanish from Classical Latin gustus, taste from Indo-European base an unverified form ?eus-, to enjoy, taste from source choose
- Vigorous enjoyment; zest: The children jumped into the swimming pool with gusto. See Synonyms at zest.
- Archaic a. Individual taste.b. Artistic style.
Origin of gustoItalian from Latin gustus taste ; see geus- in Indo-European roots.