- Gusto is defined as enthusiasm, excitement, zest or style.
- When you attack a task with enthusiasm and excitement, this is an example of gusto.
- When you do something in a stylish way, this is an example of a time when you do the task with gusto.
- taste; liking
- keen enjoyment; enthusiastic appreciation; zest; relish
- great vigor or liveliness
- Archaic artistic style
Origin: It and amp; Spanish from Classical Latin gustus, taste from Indo-European base an unverified form ĝeus-, to enjoy, taste from source choose
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. gus·toes
- Vigorous enjoyment; zest. See Synonyms at zest.
- Individual taste.
- Archaic Artistic style.
Origin: Italian, from Latin gustus, taste; see geus- in Indo-European roots.