- The definition of foresight is the ability to see or plan for what will happen in the future.
- An example of foresight is guessing what will happen in the stock market.
- An example of foresight is knowing to save money into a emergency fund in case you lose your job.
- the act of foreseeing
- the power to foresee
- a looking forward
- thoughtful regard or provision for the future; prudent forethought
Origin of foresightMiddle English probably translated, translation of Classical Latin providentia
- The ability or action of imagining or anticipating what might happen in the future.
- Care in providing for the future: Spending all of your money at once shows little foresight.
- gift horse, gift-horse