- The definition of foresight is the ability to see or plan for what will happen in the future.
- An example of foresight is guessing what will happen in the stock market.
- An example of foresight is knowing to save money into a emergency fund in case you lose your job.
foresight definition by Webster's New World
- the act of foreseeing
- the power to foresee
- a looking forward
- thoughtful regard or provision for the future; prudent forethought
Origin: Middle English probably translated, translation of Classical Latin providentia
foresight definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Perception of the significance and nature of events before they have occurred.
- Care in providing for the future; prudence. See Synonyms at prudence.
- The act of looking forward.
- foreˈsightˌed adjective
- foreˈsightˌed·ly adverb
- foreˈsightˌed·ness noun
- foreˈsightˌful adjective