- Hindsight is defined as the recognizing of the dangers and/or possibilities of a situation after it occurs.
An example of hindsight is realizing the dangers of bungie jumping off a cliff after completing the activity and thinking about what could have happened.
hindsight definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the rear sight of a firearm
- ability to see, after the event, what should have been done
hindsight definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Perception of the significance and nature of events after they have occurred.
- The rear sight of a firearm.