- Second guess is defined as to question a decision or action that has already been completed.
- An example of second guess is when you make a decision and then you start to think about it a little more and decide another decision might have been better.
- An example of second guess is when a friend does something and then you suggest that maybe a different course of action should have been pursued.
- second-guesser noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
verb sec·ond-guessed, sec·ond-guess·ing, sec·ond-guess·es verb, transitive
- To criticize or correct after an outcome is known.
- a. To outguess.b. To predict or anticipate: “She can second-guess indictments” (Scott Turow).
- secˌond-guessˈer noun