- When someone finds the perfect thing to say, it is an example of a phrase that would be described as felicitous.
- When you have a happy and pleasant outing, it could be described as a felicitous outing.
- used or expressed in a way suitable to the occasion; aptly chosen; appropriate; apt
- having the knack of appropriate and pleasing expression
Origin of felicitous; from felicity + -ous
- Admirably suited; apt: a felicitous comparison.
- Exhibiting an agreeably appropriate manner or style: a felicitous writer.
- Marked by happiness or good fortune: a felicitous life.
(comparative more felicitous, superlative most felicitous)