- An example of evasive is someone avoiding a conversation.
- An example of evasive is a cat that hides under a bed just out of reach.
The definition of evasive is someone or something that is tricky or hard to catch.
- tending or seeking to evade; not straightforward; tricky; equivocal
- hard to catch, grasp, etc.; elusive
Origin of evasivefrom Classical Latin evasus (see evasion) + -ive
- Inclined or intended to evade: took evasive action.
- Intentionally vague or ambiguous; equivocal: an evasive statement.
(comparative more evasive, superlative most evasive)