- a person who dispatches
- a transportation worker who sends out trains, buses, trucks, etc., according to a schedule
- One that dispatches: a dispatcher of good news.
- A person who sends out trains, buses, trucks, or cars according to a schedule.
- A person who sends out police cars, ambulances, taxis, or other vehicles in response to reported emergencies or requests for service.
- Computers A routine that controls the order in which input and output devices obtain access to the processing system.
dispatch + -er
dispatcher - Computer Definition
Software that determines what pending tasks should be done next and assigns the available resources to accomplish it. It may execute other programs or generate a list for human operators to follow. See scheduler.