- The definition of continent is having control over urination, defecation and/or sexual urges.
An example of a continent person is someone who knows when he has to go to the bathroom and uses it.
A continent is defined as one of the seven main land masses on Earth.
Facts About the Continents
- Asia - 4,164,252,000 people (60% of the world's population) in 44 countries in 16,920,000 square miles.
- Africa - 1,022,234,000 people (14% of the world's population) in 53 countries in 11,730,000 square miles.
- North America - 542,056,000 people in 23 countries in 9,460,000 square miles.
- South America - 392,555,000 people in 12 countries in 6,890,000 square miles.
- Antarctica - 0 people in 5,300,000 square miles.
- Europe - 738,199,000 people in 46 countries in 3,930,000 square miles.
- Australia - 29,127,000 people in 14 countries in 3,478,200 square miles.
An example of a continent is North America.
continent definition by Webster's New World
- self-restrained; temperate
- characterized by self-restraint in, esp. by total abstinence from, sexual activity
- Obsolete restrictive
Origin: Old French ; from Classical Latin continens, present participle of continere: see contain
- Rare a thing that retains or contains something
- the mainland: now rare except in , all of Europe except the British Isles
- any of the main large land areas of the earth, conventionally regarded (with or without outlying islands) as units; Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America, and, sometimes, Antarctica
- continently adverb
continent definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One of the principal land masses of the earth, usually regarded as including Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America.
- Continent The mainland of Europe. Used with the.
Origin: Latin (terra) continēns, continent-, continuous (land), present participle of continēre, to hold together; see contain.
Origin: Middle English, from Latin continēns, present participle of continēre, to restrain; see contain.
- conˈti·nent·ly adverb
continent - Science Definition