- continent between Asia & the Atlantic Ocean: the Ural Mountains & the Ural River are generally considered the E boundary: c. 3,837,000 sq mi (9,938,000 sq km)
- European Community
Origin of EuropeClassical Latin Europa from Classical Greek Eur?p?
The sixth largest continent, separated from the rest of the Eurasian landmass (of which it forms the western part) by the Ural Mountains, the Caspian Sea, the Caucasus Mountains, the Black Sea, the Dardanelles, and the Aegean Sea.
- The portion of Eurasia west of the Urals, traditionally considered a continent in its own right, located north of Africa, west of Asia and east of the Atlantic Ocean.
- A political entity; the European Union.
- (UK, Ireland) Continental Europe, excluding the island nations.
- (soccer) International club competitions operated by UEFA, the sport's governing body for Europe.
From Ancient Greek Εὐρώπη (Eurōpē).