- The definition of political is something that relates to government, politics or how an organization is run.
An example of political is the political party called the "Green Party."
- of or concerned with government, the state, or politics
- having a definite governmental organization
- engaged in or taking sides in politics: political parties
- of or characteristic of political parties or politicians: political pressure
Origin: from Classical Latin politicus (see politic) plush -al
- politically adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of, relating to, or dealing with the structure or affairs of government, politics, or the state.
- Relating to, involving, or characteristic of politics or politicians: “Calling a meeting is a political act in itself” (Daniel Goleman).
- Relating to or involving acts regarded as damaging to a government or state: political crimes.
- Interested or active in politics: I'm not a very political person.
- Having or influenced by partisan interests: The court should never become a political institution.
- Based on or motivated by partisan or self-serving objectives: a purely political decision.
- po·litˈi·cal·ly adverb