- The definition of a colt is a young male horse or donkey, or an inexperienced young person.
- An example of a colt is a baby horse.
- An example of a colt is a young man who is learning a trade.
A horse with her colt.
- a young male horse, donkey, etc.; specif., a thoroughbred four years of age or under or a standardbred three years of age
- a young, inexperienced person
Origin of coltMiddle English and amp; Old English ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps Indo-European an unverified form gel-d ; from base an unverified form gel-, to form a ball from source claw
Colt, Samuel 1814-62; U.S. inventor of a type of revolver
- A young male horse, especially an ungelded racehorse less than five years old, or a young male of another equine species.
- A youthful or inexperienced person; a novice.
Origin of coltMiddle English, from Old English.
(third-person singular simple present colts, present participle colting, simple past and past participle colted)
AnagramsSee also: colț