C. Colquhoun, Wilberforce, His Friends and Times (1866); John Stoughton, William Wilberforce (1880); J.
Patrick Colquhoun, Treatise on the Police of the Metropolis (1796); Pierre Clement, La Police sous Louis XIV.
Colquhoun, The Key of the Pacific (London, 1895); G.
In 1776 the site began to be built upon, and in 1802 the town, named after Lady Helen, wife of Sir James Colquhoun of Luss, the ground landlord, was erected into a burgh of barony, under a provost and council.
Forneron, Louise de Keroualle (Paris, 1886); and Mrs Colquhoun Grant, From Brittany to Whitehall (London, 1909).