- an animal one year old or in its second year
- Horse Racing a horse one year old: all thoroughbreds' birthdays are arbitrarily set at January 1, at which time a foal born on any date of the preceding year is reckoned one year old
being a year old
- An animal that is one year old or has not completed its second year.
- A racehorse that is one year old, dating from January 1 of the year in which it was foaled in the Northern Hemisphere, and from July 1 or August 1 in the Southern Hemisphere.
- grayline, layering, relaying, re-laying