- The definition of chiseled is something that has been shaped with a chisel, or a person or thing that is finely shaped.
- An example of chiseled is a piece of wood that has been carved into an elephant using a chisel.
- An example of chiseled is the finely shaped body form of Michelangelo's statue of David.
Letters chiseled into a piece of stone.
chiseled definition by Webster's New World
- cut or shaped with a chisel
- finely wrought, as if shaped by a chisel
chiseled definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Variant of chisel
Origin: Norman French (OFr cisel) ; from Vulgar Latin an unverified form cisellum, for Classical Latin an unverified form caesellum ; from caesus, past participle of caedere, to cut: see -cide