Letters chiseled into a piece of stone.
- The definition of chiseled is something that has been shaped with a chisel, or a person or thing that is finely shaped.
- An example of chiseled is a piece of wood that has been carved into an elephant using a chisel.
- An example of chiseled is the finely shaped body form of Michelangelo's statue of David.
- cut or shaped with a chisel
- finely wrought, as if shaped by a chisel
Made or shaped with or as if with a chisel: a finely chiseled nose.
- (US) simple past tense and past participle of chisel
Variant of chisel
a hand tool with a sharp, often wedge-shaped, blade for cutting or shaping wood, stone, etc., specif., such a tool that is driven with a mallet or hammer
Origin of chiselNorman French (OFr cisel) ; from Vulgar Latin an unverified form cisellum, for Classical Latin an unverified form caesellum ; from caesus, past participle of caedere, to cut: see -cide
Informal to force oneself upon others without being asked or welcomed