- The definition of minimal is a small amount, or the least amount possible.
When you put forth the least amount of effort possible, this is an example of a time when you put forth minimal effort.
- smallest or least possible; of or constituting a minimum
- of or having to do with minimalism or minimal art
- a. Smallest in amount or degree: The job's minimal qualifications are a BS with two years' experience in the field.b. Small in amount or degree: a drug with minimal side effects; was able to walk with minimal discomfort.c. Only barely adequate: insurance policies with minimal coverage for damage to the car.
- often Minimal Of, relating to, or being minimalism.
(comparative more minimal, superlative most minimal)
- The smallest possible amount, quantity, or degree.
- (art) characterised by the use of simple form or structures.
- (music) characterised by the repetition and gradual alteration of short phrases.