highest or greatest possible; of or constituting a maximum
- Of, relating to, or consisting of a maximum.
- Being the greatest or highest possible.
An element in an ordered set that is followed by no other.
- (mathematics) The element of a set with the greatest magnitude.
- (mathematics) Said of an ideal of a ring or a filter of a lattice: that it is as large as it can be without being trivial (improper).
- (logic) Said of a set of well-formed formulas: that it is as large as it can be without being inconsistent; i.e. that for any well-formed formula Ï†, the set contains either Ï† or ~Ï†.
maximum + -al