The definition of topmost is the highest position or the highest status.
An example of topmost is when you are a parent and your very highest priority is keeping your kids safe; your topmost priority.
- The youngest polyp of the system is the one nearest to the topmost polyp; and the axis of the system is a true axis.
- In cases where the cormus has no pneumatophore the topmost swimming bell may contain an oil-reservoir or oleocyst.
- The tank is placed above the level of the topmost draw off, and often in a cupboard which it will warm sufficiently to permit of its being used as a linen airing closet.
- The occupation of these topmost ridges must greatly assist in a further advance across the peninsula here at its narrowest point.
- Lles Area topmost ridges, which, it was hoped, would be reached by daylight - a somewhat sanguine anticipation, as it turned out.