The definition of topmost is the highest position or the highest status.
An example of topmost is when you are a parent and your very highest priority is keeping your kids safe; your topmost priority.
- The youngest polyp of the system is the one nearest to the topmost polyp; and the axis of the system is a true axis.
- Birdwood's force had taken root since April were spurs of a tangled mountain mass known as Sari Bair, from the topmost ridges of which the Straits about the Narrows were partially visible at a distance of 4 or 5 miles.
- The occupation of these topmost ridges must greatly assist in a further advance across the peninsula here at its narrowest point.
- Lles Area topmost ridges, which, it was hoped, would be reached by daylight - a somewhat sanguine anticipation, as it turned out.
- One of the Allies' columns nevertheless succeeded in establishing itself on a patch of the topmost ridge and in holding on to what had been secured, although the efforts of the assailants miscarried elsewhere.