- The definition of a bulletin is a brief, official statement, or a regular publication.
- An example of a bulletin is a news announcement on the television.
- An example of a bulletin is a church's weekly newsletter.
- Bulletin means to announce or give a brief, formal statement in a speech or publication.
An example of bulletin is for a mayor to make a speech and announce a new town law.
A woman posting a bulletin on a bulletin board.
bulletin definition by Webster's New World
- a brief official statement about a matter of public concern
- a brief statement of the latest news, as in a newspaper or on radio or TV
- a regular publication, as for the members of some society
Origin: French ; from Italian bulletino, diminutive of Late Latin bulla: see bull
bulletin definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A brief report, especially an official statement on a matter of public interest issued for immediate publication or broadcast.
- A brief update or summary of current news, as on television or radio or in a newspaper.
- A periodical, especially one published by an organization or society.
- A printed program, especially one listing the order of worship for a religious service: a church bulletin.
Origin: French, probably from Italian bullettino, diminutive of bolletta, bill, diminutive of bolla, bubble, bull, from Medieval Latin bulla; see Bull 2.