- The definition of a poster is a large print, ad or decoration that can be displayed or hung on the wall.
A large print showing the name of a movie and an enticing picture to try to get you to come to the movie is an example of a movie poster.
- a relatively large printed card or sheet of paper, often illustrated, posted to advertise or publicize something; placard
- any relatively large piece of commercial art, often a photograph of a celebrity, pinup, etc.
- a person who traveled by post, or rapidly
- post horse
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. A large, usually printed placard, bill, or announcement, often illustrated, that is posted to advertise or publicize something.b. An artistic work, often a reproduction of an original painting or photograph, printed on a large sheet of paper.
- One that posts bills or notices.