- The definition of a poster is a large print, ad or decoration that can be displayed or hung on the wall.
A large print showing the name of a movie and an enticing picture to try to get you to come to the movie is an example of a movie poster.
- a relatively large printed card or sheet of paper, often illustrated, posted to advertise or publicize something; placard
- any relatively large piece of commercial art, often a photograph of a celebrity, pinup, etc.
- a person who traveled by post, or rapidly
- post horse
- a. A large, usually printed placard, bill, or announcement, often illustrated, that is posted to advertise or publicize something.b. An artistic work, often a reproduction of an original painting or photograph, printed on a large sheet of paper.
- One that posts bills or notices.
- One who posts a message.
- Some posters left the online message board after the squabble.
- One who posts, or travels expeditiously; a courier.
- (dated) A posthorse.
- An advertisement to be posted on a pole, wall etc. to advertise something.
- I saw a poster for it on the side of a bus.
- A picture of a celebrity, an event etc., intended to be attached to a wall.
- He has posters of his favorite band, sports teams and holiday resorts up.
- (ice hockey, slang) A shot which only hits a goal post without going in
- We got three posters in the third and lost.