- The definition of brilliance is an intense bright light, or a vivid and bright color, or extreme intelligence or excellence.
- The light given off by a 100-watt bulb is an example of brilliance.
- A deep, rich and vibrant red color is an example of brilliance.
- The skill of a violin prodigy who plays more beautifully than anyone else in the world is an example of brilliance.
brilliance definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
the fact of being brilliant; great brightness, radiance, intensity, splendor, intelligence, etc.
brilliance definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The state or quality of being brilliant, as:a. Extreme brightness.b. Exceptional clarity and agility of intellect or invention.
- Splendor; magnificence.
- Music Sharpness and clarity of tone.