meteoric definition by Webster's New World
- atmospheric or meteorological: hail is a meteoric phenomenon
- of a meteor or meteors
- like a meteor; momentarily dazzling or brilliant, flashing, or swift
Origin: Midieval Latin meteoricus: also ; from meteor plush -ic
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- meteorically adverb
meteoric definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, or formed by a meteoroid.
- Of or relating to the earth's atmosphere.
- Similar to a meteor in speed, brilliance, or brevity: a meteoric rise to fame.
- meˌte·orˈi·cal·ly adverb