The definition of boastful is being a braggart, or having an overinflated sense of pride.
A person who is constantly talking about his own accomplishments is an example of someone who would be described as boastful.
inclined to brag; boasting
(comparative more boastful, superlative most boastful)
From Middle English bostful, equivalent to boast + -ful.
- This aspect helps shed light on why Aries is, at times, boastful and even aggressive.
- You would also be proud, perhaps even boastful, of that trait.
- Nintendogs owners are as boastful and attached to their pets as real dog owners.
- Versatile, lighthearted, boastful and pleasure-loving, he contrasts with the nobler and more intellectual character of Averroes.
- In 1513 Dr West, an envoy of Henry VIII., found James in the state of " a fey man," doomed, distracted, agitated and boastful.