- The definition of bragging is boasting or talking about how great things are for you.
When you can't stop telling everyone how much money you make or how big your house is, this is an example of bragging.
- Present participle of brag.
- The act of one who brags.
Variant of brag
intransitive verbbragged, bragging
Origin of bragMiddle English braggen ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps
- boastful talk or manner
- Informal anything boasted of; boast
- a braggart
- an old card game, much like poker