A bride and groom show their new belongings.
- An example of a belonging is person's wedding ring.
- An example of a belonging is a person's best friend.
The definition of a belonging is something owned by someone, or a close relationship.
- a thing that belongs to one
- possessions; property
- close relationship; familiarity; camaraderie: a feeling of belonging
- Acceptance as a natural member or part: a sense of belonging.
- belongings Personal items that one owns; possessions.
- Present participle of belong.
(countable and uncountable, plural belongings)
- (uncountable) The action of the verb to belong.
- I have a feeling of belonging in London.
- A need for belonging seems fundamental to humans.
- (countable) (almost always used in the plural) Something physical that is owned.
- Make sure you take all your belongings when you leave.
- (colloquial, dated) family; relations; household