Origin of assailantfrom French
The definition of an assailant is a person who attacks and harms another physically or verbally.
A mugger is an example of an assailant.
A person who attacks another.
- Assailing; attacking.
- I heard my assailant searching from room to room.
- Almost immediately, the room erupted with a gunshot and both my assailant and I dropped to the floor.
- When I swallowed, my assailant was jamming in his knife anew.
- But there turned upon his assailant, and, by superior swiftness, threatened to cut the English off from Portugal.
- The only item of information I'd withheld from Detective Jackson was that the assailant had asked me where everybody else was.