- one who assaults with intent to rob
- Theater one who overacts, esp. by exaggerated facial expressions
The definition of a mugger is a thief who attacks someone in a public place, usually with a gun or by making a threat, in order to take the person's personal property.
A person who comes up to you on a dark street who says "give me all your money," is an example of a mugger.
one who mugs; esp.,
a large, relatively timid crocodile (Crocodylus palustris) of India and Malaysia, with a broad, wrinkled snout
Origin of muggerHindi magar from Sanskrit makara, sea monster
- One who commits a mugging.
- One who makes exaggerated faces, as in performing.
A large freshwater crocodile (Crocodylus palustris) of South Asia, having a very broad snout.
Origin of muggerHindi magar from Sanskrit makarah crocodile of Dravidian origin
- "Cash is King", as the saying goes, and while it may sting to lose a couple hundred bucks to a pickpocket or mugger, it's nothing compared to the hell that awaits if your credit profile falls into the hands of more sophisticated thieves.
- It was not a good day for crime for the mugger as the erstwhile crime fighter - Jack Osbourne - soon overtook him.
- On top of catching the mugger and returning her purse, when praised as a hero, Jack remained as humble as can be.
- The initial Batman plot begins when main character Bruce Wayne's parents are killed by a mugger.
- The would-be mugger quickly set off on foot, hoping to outrun the now fit and fierce Osbourne.