- The definition of a mugger is a thief who attacks someone in a public place, usually with a gun or by making a threat, in order to take the person's personal property.
A person who comes up to you on a dark street who says "give me all your money," is an example of a mugger.
one who mugs; esp.,
- one who assaults with intent to rob
- Theater one who overacts, esp. by exaggerated facial expressions
a large, relatively timid crocodile (Crocodylus palustris) of India and Malaysia, with a broad, wrinkled snout
Origin of muggerHindi magar ; from Sanskrit makara, sea monster
- One who commits a mugging.
- One who makes exaggerated faces, as in performing.
A large freshwater crocodile (Crocodylus palustris) of South Asia, having a very broad snout.
Origin of muggerHindi magar, from Sanskrit makara&hlowdot;, crocodile, of Dravidian origin.