- Always means lasting and unending.
Loving someone endlessly is an example of always.
- Always is defined as doing something regularly.
Locking the front door every night is an example of always.
always definition by Webster's New World
- at all times; on all occasions; invariably: always be courteous
- all the time; continuously; forever: always present in the atmosphere
- at any time; whenever one wishes: you can always leave if the show gets boring
- in every instance; with no exception: Labor Day is always the first Monday of September
Origin: Middle English adv. genitive of alwei, alway ; from Old English ealne weg: see all and amp; way
always definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- At all times; invariably: always late.
- For all time; forever: They will always be friends.
- At any time; in any event: You can always resign if you're unhappy.
Origin: Middle English alweis : alwei, always (from Old English ealne weg : ealne, accusative of eall, all; see all + weg, way; see wegh- in Indo-European roots) + -es, adv. suff.; see -s3.